- www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/stories/how-to-build-a-wood-fired-pizza-oven and related blog at clayoven.wordpress.com
- How to build a clay oven in your garden in simple steps on YouTube
What you’ll need…
You can get most of these items from builder’s merchants – if not, we’ve given other options
- About 30 bricks: at least 20 will need to be smooth and solid, with no recess (frog) or holes (perforations), to form your oven floor.
- 20 breeze blocks and 5kg tub of cement or twenty 120cm x 20cm x 20cm wooden beams, an electric drill and long wood screws (for the plinth frame)
- Rubble and big stones
- 10-14 bags of builder’s sand (20kg each)
- 125-175kg clay (the cheapest will do – try angliaclaysupplies.co.uk)
- Assorted glass bottles
- Chimney or plant pot (optional)
- Large bag (14 litres or 6kg) of wood shavings (from pet shops)
See www.wikihow.com/Mix-Mortar and maybe buy premixed brick mortar e.g. blue-circle-quality-assured-ready-to-use-mortar-20kg-bag.